"Fern Leigh" 37.5 Acres - Permanent Creek - Just minutes from town
370 Old Cob-O-Corn Road, Horse Station Creek, Kyogle
Property Type: Lifestyle
Approx 15.2 Hectares
3 car spaces
370 Old Cob O Corn Rd - Horse Station Creek via Kyogle
3 self contained dwellings all connected by covered walkways, 130 meters above sea level with frost free established gardens and orchards featuring many exotics.
All dwellings have decks with wonderful views, surrounded by nature. The dawn chorus is amazing. Bird watchers paradise. Plenty of room on 37.5 acres to run some cows, horses, motorbikes etc
Curl up on a veranda nook with your favorite drinks, while the kids ride their horses, play in the the pool or play table tennis on the sprawling eastern verandah, great for entertaining and parties.
Or laze away the evenings in the private outdoor heated spa-house... and watch the stars.
If bush walks and wildlife are just what you need to de-stress?... You will be in heaven here.
* 15.3 hectare, 37.5 acres fenced, pasture improved (no seteria - so great for horses and lactating cattle) mostly cleared, 10 acres timbered slopes, 7 acres creek flats, rich fertile soil types, sand quarry, an additional 10 acres arable frost free, and amazing views.
* Permanent creek, 2 mega litre dam, abundant rainwater catch and storage.
110,000L Rainwater tanks all connected and auto pumped to a gravity fed system. Creek water is solar pumped to a gravity feed system; dam water can be added, pipes already in. Rain water to bathrooms and laundry can changed over to creek water by turning on/off taps.
* No Gates - 3 grid-ramps, 8ks to Kyogle where you can get all the necessities. Lismore a further 40kms away. Byron 1 1/2 hours, Gold Coast 2 hours.
* The three residences are nestled on an east west axis to maximise passive solar design.
Residence 1- West
- Open plan kitchen with plenty of cupboard space, island counter
- Gas cooking
- Two bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Combined dining/ lounge
- Small covered deck
- Large bathroom/ toilet
- Breezeway joining to next residence with loads of storage
- Carport No 1
Residence 2- Central
- Kitchen and large pantry with new benches
- Electric induction cooking
- Dining area
- Lounge-room opening onto large side deck that overlooks the above ground pool
- Two bedroom plus office
- Carport No 2
Residence 3- Main house- East
- Good sized front deck at entry with water feature
- Large open plan kitchen/ dining
- Gas cooking
- 3 bedrooms plus extra lounge area
- fenced yard for the children or pets
- Combined bathroom/ laundry
- 2 Decks (1 large covered)
- Composting toilet
- Carport No 3
Tack-shed / rough studio with kitchenette, wood heater, extra space
All up 7 bedrooms, most with built-ins, 3 kitchens, 3 bathrooms and laundries, 3 carports, and low energy bills. All recently painted with new floor coverings, plus studio
* Phone system, intercom and internet, between the three houses and studio.
*5.5kw solar array grid connect to mains power. Battery back up system 550ah @ 48volts.
* Frost free fenced vegetable garden, and established bearing fruit trees, when you need to feed yourself, you will have an abundant variety coming in all year round. 2 green houses. Many mango tree varieties, bananas, citrus, persimmon, Malabar chestnuts, pecans, guavas, tropical cherries, mulberry, choc pudding and too many others to list,
Lockup work-shop with power and water, tractor shed ( tractor and blade, rear bucket included), Lockup Garage and awning, wood shed, hay shed near dam. Chook shed set in the orchard so they can do bug patrol.
* ADSL landline & nbn satellite
* Above ground swimming pool with shade frame, and private heated Spa-bath house
This peaceful secluded location, is ideal for the whole family and off grid living, set in the popular Northern Rivers area.